Fostering innovative, clean energy technology for rapid global energy transitions
An event of the International Energy Agency’s 50th Anniversary Ministerial meeting
For five decades, the IEA has worked with decision makers and international experts to facilitate exchanges on innovative energy technologies. This work has never been as important as it is today, with clean energy technologies playing a critical role in accelerating transitions to secure, sustainable and affordable energy systems on the road to net zero emissions. In this context, fostering an environment in which innovation, investment and policy ambition can thrive is an essential building block of the new energy economy.
The IEA Energy Innovation Forum 2024 event will address the main challenges facing technologies moving from the innovation phase to early adoption, and how to bolster support for the developers and innovators on this journey.
Topics that will be covered during the IEA Energy Innovation Forum’s sessions include: embracing opportunities in emerging markets and developing economies; driving emissions abatement in industrial heat; leveraging best practices for large-scale demonstration programmes; and identifying priority actions for the IEA and the international community. Following the event, the outcomes and conclusions of the dialogues will be shared directly with ministers.
Attendance is by invitation only. For any enquiries, please contact email@example.com.
Further information can be found on the event page.
- 08:30-09:30: Welcome and keynote speeches (livestream)
- 09:45-11:00: Panel - Reflections on 50 Years of Global Cooperation and Future Needs (livestream)
- 11:00-12:30: Roundtable - Expanding and Enhancing the Flow of New Technologies (livestream)
- 12:30-14:30: Breakout 1- Spurring innovation for emerging market and developing economies, Breakout 2- Technology focus; industrial heat, Breakout 3- Managing risks for successful demos
- 14:30-15:30: Roundtable - Defining an Agenda for Action for the IEA and Other Stakeholders (livestream)
- 16:15: 50th Anniversary opening event - Plenary session