The Climate Solutions Package aims to help Australia to deliver its 2030 climate commitments.
The AUD 3.5 billion package covers:
- AUD 2 billion for the Climate Solutions Fund to reduce GHG across the economy through the existing Emissions Reduction Fund, including giving farmers, small businesses and Indigenous communities the chance to improve the local environment and benefit from new revenue opportunities.
- A continued support for the transition to reliable renewables underway in the National Electricity Market through Snowy 2.0 and funding for the Battery of the Nation Project in Tasmania and MarinusLink. These projects will boost pumped hydro storage potential and allow more clean energy to be exported to the mainland, while maintaining a reliable energy supply. It amounts up to AUD 93.4 million from the federal government.
- The development of a National Electric Vehicle Strategy to ensure a planned and managed transition to new vehicle technology and infrastructure
- The Improvement in energy effiency and lower energy bills for households and businesses
- Green and clean local environments by supporting local communities