During the presentation of the ten milestones of the mining-energy sector in 2021, the Minister of Mines and Energy assured that 2021 will be the year to encourage the sustainable reactivation of Colombia, which will promote equity, development and new opportunities for the country and its regions, in three strategic axes: 1) Energy Transition, 2) Energy security and 3) Mining diversification and formalization.
Among these objectives, one is to develop a roadmap of the Energy Transformation Mission. The roadmap was published in March 2021, and contains five key axes:
- Competition, participation, and structure of the electricity market,
- The role of gas in energy transformation: supply, supply and demand
- Decentralization, digitization, and efficient energy management,
- Closing gaps, coverage, and quality of service
- Review of the institutional and regulatory framework
The implementation of the short-term actions included in this roadmap will begin during the second half of 2021.