The 2nd pillar of the Czech National Recovery Plan concerns physical infrastructures and green transition. The 1st submeasure concerns "Sustainable and safe transports". It consists of:
- Measures to develop the safety and sustainability of intermodal transport
- Support to new technologies and the digitization of railway infrastructure
- Electrification of railways
- Improving the environment (reduce energy consumption and increase comfort of railway infrastructure, anitu-noise measures on the road network)
- Road and rail safety (railway crossings, bridges and tunnels, cycle paths and barrier-free routes)
As of June 1, 2021, the allocated budget is CZK 24 billion excluding VAT.