The fourth point of the economy component from Croatia's Recovery and Resilience Plan focuses on the transport sector, more specifically measures to make it more competitive, sustainable and efficient. It includes:
- The application of green technologies in railway passenger transport (HRK 100 million);
- Procuring alternative propulsion vehicles for public urban and suburban traffic (HRK 300 million);
- The electrification of the reception system and shipment of aircraft at Zadar Airport (HRK 70 million);
- R&D and production of new vehicles and supporting infrastructure (HRK 1.5 billion);
- A new vehicle co-financing program on the development of alternative fuels and supporting infrastructure in road transport (HRK 278 million).
The total budget amounts to 728.7 million EUR, as endorsed by the EU Commission.