On 15 July, national plans for energy storage were set out by the Chinese National Development and Reform Commission and National Energy Administration. The main goals of new energy storage development include:
- Large-scale development by 2025;
- Full market development by 2030.
The guidance covers four aspects:
1) Strengthening planning guidance to encourage the diversification of energy storage;
2) Promoting technological progress to expand the energy storage industry system;
3) Improving the policy mechanism to create a healthy market environment;
4) Standardisation of industry management to improve the construction and operation.