March 2022 New measures to offset rising energy prices
In March 2022, the Portuguese government enacted the following measures to tackle soaring energy prices:
- Maintain, until June 30, 2022, the ISP refund mechanism of the value of the increase in VAT revenue resulting from the increase in fuel price.
- Maintain, until the end of June, the suspension of the increase in the carbon tax.
- Increase, during the month of March, the value of the AUTOvoucher from EUR 5 to EUR 20 per beneficiary.
- Increase subsidies to public transport sector.
- Put EUR 150 million from the Environmental Fund into the national electricity system to lower the network access tariff, which is sometimes responsible for half of what is paid by families and companies.
Want to know more about this policy ? Learn more