Package to tackle the energy price crisis
In an effort to cushion domestic consumers from the effects of the global energy crisis, the Swedish government has enacted the following measures as an amendment to its 2022 budget:
- The tax on diesel and petrol is temporarily reduced from June to October 2022.
- A new fuel compensation is introduced for private individuals.
- Funding for energy efficiency improvements and renovation of apartment buildings and outdoor environments.
- Additional funds are allocated to the climate bonus appropriation incentivising the purchase of electric vehicles.
- the GDP indexation of diesel and petrol is paused.
Want to know more about this policy ? Learn more