Second relief package called “Package of federal government measures to manage high energy costs” was presented following the coalition committee decision of 23 March 2022.This includes:
- One-off energy price lump sum of EUR 300 for all employees who are subject to income tax.
- Temporary nation-wide public transport ticket at EUR 9 per month. To incentivise public transport over cars, from June 1, 2022 to August 31, 2022 all local public transport can be accessed with a fixed monthly fee of EUR 9.
- Temporary reduction of excise tax on fuels. For three months from June 1, 2022 to August 31, 2022, the excise tax is reduced by 29.55 cents/litre for petrol and by 14.04 cents/litre for diesel fuel.
- One-time payment to those on social benefits. Recipients of social welfare receive a one-time payment of EUR 200. For recipients of federal training assistance, a support payment for living expenses pursuant to the Upgrading Training Assistance Act (Aufstiegsfortbildungsförderungsgesetz).
- Child bonus 2022. One-time payment to parents of EUR 100 euros per child in 2022. Payment made from July 2022.
In the 2023 Federal Budget, the retroactive estimated budget for Package 1 in 2022 is at EUR 18.1 billion. The package was passed as an amendment in the 2022 Federal Supplementary Budget. In the 2023 Federal Budget, the Ministry of Finance announced that almost the entirety of the package budget has been disbursed.