The "aiuto-bis" decree law (Decree Law No. 115/2022), is the second support package against rising energy costs, totalling EUR 9.86 billion. This includes:
- Extension of the cancellation of rates related to general electricity system charges for Q4 2022.
- Electric and gas social bonus: Extension of Tariff concessions in favour of vulnerable people.
- Tax credits and other facilities against expenses incurred for the purchase of electricity and gas.
- Tax credits for energy intensive companies.
- Extension of reduction of excise rates of EUR 0.305/litre (when including VAT) on petrol and diesel until end August 2022.
- Reduce VAT to 5% on the supply of methane gas for thermal energy.
- Vouchers for public transportation services targeted at low income households.