In December 2022, the Spanish government officially enacted the continuation of consumer support measures implemented in response to the global energy price crisis for 2023, such as:
- Subsidies for electricity and gas intensive industries
- Transport fuel subsidies for maritime and road transport companies, as well as farmers
- Highway access subsidies
- Electricity and natural gas price subsidies for households.
- Several tax reductions are extended until the end of 2023: 5% VAT rate applied to electricity, gas, biomass and heating wood consumption, 0.5% Special Tax on Electricity rate, and the suspension of the Tax on Electricity Production
- Public transport tariff subsidies, both in subnational territories and at a national level, through a multi-journey train ticket
In addition, specific budget financial support was earmarked for boosting innovation in the automobile industry and set up an electric vehicle battery factory in the Comunidad Valenciana region.