Malawi Growth and Development Strategy II (MGDS) 2011-2016
This is the overall framework that guides development interventions within the country. Increased energy generation and supply is one of the priority areas of the plan and strategies for increased energy access, urban and rural electrification include promotion of renewable energy use.
Medium-Term Expected Outcomes of the Strategy are:
- Improved capacity and efficiency in energy generation, transmission and distribution; and
- Increased availability and access to energy.
- Developing additional power stations;
- Promoting the use of renewable sources of energy;
- Improving management of energy generation, transmission, distribution and supply;
- Enhancing urban and rural electrification;
- Increasing liquid fuel stock-holding and distribution capacity;
- Developing long-term systems of tapping and delivering liquid fuel;
- Promoting public- private partnerships in energy generation and distribution; and
- Improving regulatory environment.
Want to know more about this policy ? Learn more