This regulation prohibits the import and/or sale of restricted electrical products based on their efficiency.
Products falling under this regulation are:
- Households refrigerators (must comply with AS/NZS 4474.2:2009)
- Air conditioners (must comply with AS/NZS 3823.2:2013)
- Incandescent lamps (must comply with AS/4934.2-2011)
- Linear fluorescent lamps (must comply with AS/NZS 4782.2:2004 and AS/NZS 4782.3:2006)
- Compact fluorescent lamps (must comply with AS/NZS 4847.2:2010 and AS/NZS 4782.3:2006)
- Fluorescent lamp ballast (must comply with AS/NZ 4783.2:2002)
In particular, for air conditioners, fall under the scope of this regulation single phase and three phase up to 65 kW rated total cooling capacity. As well as air-source heat pumps but not water-source heat pumps. The standard for minimum energy performance characteristics is AS/NZS 3823.2:2013, while the testing standard is AS/NZS 3823.1: 2012.
Moreover, this regulation oblige marketer to display energy efficiency labels on some electrical products as follow:
- Household refrigerators (AS/NZS 4474.2:2009)
- Air conditioners (AS/NZS 3823.2:2013)