GOST R 51388-99 Energy conservation. Informing of consumers about energy efficiency of equipment in the residential sector. General requirements
The purpose of this standard is to establish general requirements and rules for providing information on energy consumption during the operation of certain types of products:
- household electrical appliances and devices, incl. lighting equipment;
- gas equipment for household and municipal purposes;
- thermal insulation products and materials;
- vehicles for individual use.
The objective of this standard is informing consumers about the energy efficiency of energy-consuming products for household and municipal purposes is carried out in accordance with the laws of the Russian Federation " On Energy Saving ", " On Protection of Consumer Rights ", "On Licensing of Certain Types of Activities" .
Informing the consumer of household and municipal products about their energy efficiency is carried out in the following ways:
- submission of the "Energy efficiency label for energy-consuming household products", containing energy efficiency indicators and data on the compliance of these indicators with the requirements of the relevant standards;
- applying on an energy-consuming product, label and packaging of a special marking, indicating that the energy efficiency indicators of a certain class of labeled products meet the requirements of the relevant standards;
- submission of a data sheet containing energy efficiency indicators of the product, data on the compliance of these indicators with the requirements of the relevant standards.
Want to know more about this policy ? Learn more (Russian)