The Action Plan for promoting the production and application of green building materials to support the implementation of the “Made in China 2025” strategy and the “Green Building Action Plan”.
Green building materials here are referred to as those that exhibit characteristics of “energy saving, emission reduction, safety, convenience and recycling”, which help to lower the natural resource impact and ecological footprint over the lifecycle of building materials.
The goal of the action plan is to significantly increase the proportion of green building materials, with specific targets to:
- Increase the proportion of green building materials in the construction industry to 20%
- Decrease energy intensity of building materials industry by 8% compared to 2015 values
- Decrease emissions of nitrogen oxide and dust of per unit added value of building materials industry will decrease by 8% compared with 2015.
- Increase use of green building materials
- in new buildings to 30%
- in green buildings to 50%
- in pilot projects to 70% and
- in renovation projects to 80%
To reach these targets, the action plan outlines a range of actions, from promotion of green manufacturing to the development of a green building materials label.