CleanBC Go Electric Passenger Vehicle Rebate Programme
The Provincial Government of British Columbia continued to fund the CleanBC Go Electric suite of programmes, which aims at making ZEVs are more affordable. The Provincial government’s investments up to 2022 include:
- Over CAD 40 million in February 2017
- CAD 10 million in September 2018
- CAD 20 million in January 2019
- CAD 42 million and CAD 20 million in the 2019 and 2020 Budgets, respectively
- CAD 94 million in the 2021 Budget
- CAD 67 million in the 2022 Budget
In August 2022, maximum subsidy amounts were increased.
The maximum provincial point-of-purchase rebate under the CleanBC Go Electric Passenger Vehicle Rebate Program on the purchase or lease of a battery-electric vehicle (BEV), fuel-cell electric vehicle (FCEV) and long-range plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) increased from CAD 3,000 to CAD 4,000. The maximum rebate for lower-range PHEVs increased from CAD 1,500 to CAD 2,000.
Want to know more about this policy ? Learn more