MEPS Set Top Box
The program is applied to the set-top box (excluding the digital converter) receiving 1 or more of cable, satellite, and IP TV broadcastings and sending the image and audio to a television or display unit, with the rated power consumption less than 150W.
Maximum power consumption standard applicable to the set-top box is as follows:
- Power consumption of the each of IP TV broadcasting and satellite set-top boxe in active standby mode should not exceed 5W.
- Power consumption of the cable set-top boxe in active standby mode should not exceed 6W.
- Power consumption of the each of IP TV broadcasting, satellite, and cable set-top boxe in passive standby mode should not exceed 1W.
* Active standby mode is switched by a remote controller or front power button with the set-top box connected to the power source, which can be switched to the other modes by the remote controller or internal/external signal, and only the background functions can be activated.
* Passive standby mode is switched by a remote controller. Under the mode, the set-top box is connected to the power source, and the primary and background functions cannot be activated. The mode can be switched to the other ones by the remote controller input or internal signal.
Want to know more about this policy ? Learn more (Korean)