The IEA is hosting a Super-efficient Equipment Appliance Deployment (SEAD) Initiative Workshop for Southeast Asia on 12 November at 15:00 – 16:30 [Jakarta time].
This virtual workshop will provide policy makers and experts in the field of product efficiency the opportunity to engage in a discussion on the current state of play of product energy efficiency in Southeast Asia and explore potential avenues for increasing the level of commitment to more efficient product use across the region.
Through the SEAD Initiative, the IEA is working closely with the UK Government to encourage a higher level of ambition on product efficiency, from now, through to COP26 and beyond. This collaboration entails:
- Setting global product policy on a path to double the efficiency of four key products sold globally by 2030 – industrial motors, air conditioners, refrigerators and lighting;
- Supporting the delivery of crucial national climate change targets;
- Providing consumers and businesses with more efficient products that are affordable and cost-effective to own and operate;
- Stimulating innovation and providing businesses with export opportunities;
- Promoting making products both energy efficient and climate friendly simultaneously by reducing the use of refrigerants in cooling appliances.